Monday 13 June 2016

Review: Joik BB Cream


Hi loves! I have never tried any of Joik makeup, so I was happy to see their BB cream (50 ml, 12.90 EUR). I picked up the shade light, as my complexion is more to the light side and I always struggle to find the right shade for my skin tone.


The BB cream comes in a black plastic bottle which does have a pump. I loving the packaging, its so easy to use and the pump does give me some control how much product I pump out. I usually use one and a half pump of product all over my face . 

Its formulated with argan oil and natural mineral pigments, which claims to even the skin, mattifies and also gives the skin health glow. Its also suitable to all skin types.

Argan and wheat germ oils are rich with E-vitamin, which give the skin moisture and nourishment. Also provide protection from environmental damages and premature aging. 

The BB cream also contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, which provide natural protection against UV rays.

This BB cream sounds better and better huh...Now lets talk about my personal experience with it. On their page they do claim the shade light fits fair skin and I have have fair skin and it was bit too dark for me. When I swatched it on my hand in the store, it didn't seem like it was too dark, but when I apply it on my face its darker noticeably and also it doesn't apply evenly.


I was really disappointed with it, as you can imagine. There was one thing I like about it and it was how it felt on skin and made my skin feel when I was wearing it. It felt on skin like nothing! Its super light weight and I felt I didn't have any makeup on my skin. That was when I started thinking how I can make it work for me. I started to mix in Peggy Sage Correcteur De Teint Concealer (3 g), which lightened it up. I'm not sure if it was only because the color was too dark for me, but after I started mixing in the white concealer, the BB cream applied even and still feels like nothing on my face. It makes my skin feel like I had done my skincare routine with masks and everything, leaving it plump and hydrated. 

This BB cream also covers up all my pores and makes my skin tone look more even and flawless. If you want to see a demo video of it, let me know in the comments below and I'll do it ;)

The staying power of it is the same as with other foundations I have used in the past. I do get oily through out the day no matter what and need to powder my face. 


As you can see I have mixed feelings about this product. I wish they would fix the formula, because there are some parts about this BB cream I just love. I'll keep using it, because I just love the finish I get and how my skin reacts to it (of course I'll be lightening it with the white concealer). 

If you are in Estonia and have darker skin then me, it might work for me. I'll link it here. They have another web shop where they do deliver outside of Estonia, if you are interested you can check it out here.


Thanks for reading! xo's

4 comments:

  1. Such a shame that you was so disappointed with it, I can totally see why x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad that this didnt work out but you got around it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww its such a shame that the product wasnt great and you were dissapointed with it. Hopefully they fix the formula for it soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh sad that it's not as great as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete