Friday 27 July 2018

Review: Luuv Self Tanning Dry Oil | Dark


Hi loves! I'm not very good at self tanning and I haven't used much of this type of products in the past. But I wanted to try out Luuv Self Tanning Dry Oil (100ml, €19.90).

The self tanner comes in a white plastic bottle and has a sprayer on it. The style of the packaging is clean and simple, which I like. There is 3 shades available light, medium and dark. I picked up the dark shade. Its produced in Estonia. Its 100% vegan, cruelty free and natural. Its should be used up in 6 months.

This contains tons of good ingredients to the skin and it promises to gives you perfect golden tan. It says the deeper tan is achieved gradually. It hydrates the skin and can be used instead of your daily moisturizer. It also claims to fade naturally, no peeling.

The natural self tanning agents are raspberry sugar extract and dihydroxyacetone (compound fermented from beet). These also fit sensitive skin type. It contains carrot oil, which is rich with vitamin A and beta arotene. These give the skin beautiful complexion. Antioxidants and vitamin E help to maintain the juvenility of the skin. Aloe vera in it helps to shoot the skin and it claims there is no scent to it.

Now lets talk about my experience with it :) I would say there is a slight self tanning scent to it, but its not too strong. The spray doesn't spray out even spray, you do need to massage it all into the skin. It sinks into the skin beautifully and leaves it hydrated. I noticed a tan developing in few hours after the first application and it looked beautiful and even. After that things went bad and fast. The next day I was umpa lumpa and thank God I applied it only on my legs. It wasn't looking even, which might be my application skills and there is no directions how to apply it. I just used my hands, which I washed after application. It didn't transfer on my cloths, but it did transfer when I dried myself up with a towel after shower (I noticed it few days after the application). One good thing about this self tanner is, that it does fade naturally and evenly. It has faded a bit and now my legs look slightly tan and it looks even. This product is so confusing to me.

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Dihydroxyacetone, Aloe Barbadensis, Helianthus Annuus & Beta Carotene, Erythrulose,  Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin


There are things I like about this product and I would use it just before going to a event to have tanned legs and the next day hide them. It might be my lack of experience too, so I don't know. I'll keep using it and let you know how it goes for me. If you have tried it let me know how you liked it and if it worked for you, tell me all your application tricks :D


Thank you for reading! xo's

No comments:

Post a Comment