Friday 11 August 2017

Review: Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic


Hi loves! This weeks post is on Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic (200ml, 19 EUR). It has been my morning and evening toner.


The toner comes in a plastic bottle and it opens by twisting the cap. Its floral scented toner which is alcohol free. It refreshens the skin and also shoots and brightens it. It fits all skin types and their products are not tested on animals.

The toner contains active ingredients like aloe vera, which provides hydration. Calendula, chamomile and cucumber sooth and refresh the skin and also is natural source vitamin E. Pure essential oils of rose-scented geranium, lavender and sweet orange help to restore the skin.


I put some of it on the cotton pad and apply it on the skin and it leaves my skin refreshed and it doesn't dry it out. Ever since I started using it and it has been more then a month my skin has cleared up more and looks brighter. I don't think it was all this toner, but it definetly helped. 

Ingredients: AquaAloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Glycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oilTocopherol (vitamin E)Cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extractAnthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extractCalendula officinalis (calendula) flower extractHumulus lupulus (hops) extractPhenoxyethanolPanthenolAllantoinParfumBenzoic acidTocopheryl acetateDehydroacetic acid, Sodium hydroxideEthylhexylglycerinLinaloolLimoneneCitronellolGeraniolCoumarinCitric acidPotassium sorbate.

I got all the info about the ingredient hazard levels from EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database (link). (Low hazard, moderate hazard, high hazard). I  just want to say it doesn't say anywhere on their page that their products are natural (I usually review only natural products in this blog), but the brand gave me a feel like they are more natural and skin friendly. Thats also the reason why I took closer look of the ingredients.

The toner does contain ingredients, which are high hazard level, but I didn't experience any irritation or brake outs. I think the toner is not good for sensitive skin because it contains fragrance. My personal experience has only been good with it.


If you are interested in this toner you can find it on their page here. Its also available on Feelunique (link).


Have you tried the brand before?


Thanks for reading! xo's

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, I always love trying new toners and the floral fragrance sounds awesome!

    🍓 Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like its not over powering, just a hint of it x

      Delete
  2. You share the coolest beauty reviews on your blog especially of things I've never heard of before or even thought of trying. Keep up the good work babe!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it works well but I'm afraid I have a bit of sensitive skin so not sure how well I would get along with this toner.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete