Saturday 21 October 2017

Review: Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser


Hi loves! Today I wanna share a moisturizer I have been using in the mornings. First of all its not 100% natural product and I'm posting the review here because I reviewed their toner here (review), so I figured why not to to review the moisturizer here as well. Its the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser (50ml, 23.40 EUR) for normal/combination skin type. My skin type is oily, so it has worked out for me quite well.

This cream is light weight and I have been using it through out the summer. It comes in a squeeze tube packaging, but its also available in a jar, if you prefer this kind of packaging.. I feel my skin is not as oily when using this cream and it sinks into the skin fast and leaves it hydrated and soft. Its just what my oily skin needs for day time.


Naturally Active Ingredients:

Wheatgerm oil  - contains a lot of vitamin E, which is know powerful antioxidant.
Glycerin - is vegetable derived, it draws water into the skin and helps to hydrate it.
Beta-carotene - has antioxidant properties.
Borage oil - is one of the richest source of fatty acids, which helps lock moisture into the skin.
Hops extract - It has astringent and toning properties.
Echinacea extract - is used in herbal preparations for anything ranging from colds and flu to skin conditions.
Avocado oil - is very nutritious and a good source for vitamin E, magnesium and linoleic acid. Its essential fatty acid and leave the skin smooth and soft. 
D-panthenol - is also known as pro-vitamin B5. This vitamin B is necessary for skin's normal functioning and has moisturizing effect. Also helps simulate cell renewal.
Vitamin E -  is antioxidant, which helps to protect the skin against free radical damage, which is caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation. 

Down below you can find the full list of ingredients and their hazard levels. I also link Liz Earle ingredient philosophy here

IngredientsAqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Cetyl alcohol, Glycerin, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Sorbitan stearate, Borago officinalis seed oil, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl esters, Triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, Echinacea purpurea extract, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Beta-carotene, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium lactate, Panthenol, Parfum (fragrance), Benzoic acid, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Tocopheryl acetate, Dehydroacetic acid, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Limonene, Lactic acid, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Ascorbyl palmitate.

I got all the info about the ingredient hazard levels from EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database (link). (Low hazardmoderate hazardhigh hazard).

This cream does have some high hazard level ingredients in it, so I would say its not for beauties with sensitive skin. It hasn't irritated my skin or caused any uncomfortable feelings or broke me out.


I'm really happy with this cream and its perfect for me on spring and summer, when the weather is warmer. In autumn and winter I do want something more richer, because I'm already in my 30s. If you have oily or combination skin you can check this cream out here.


You can get -20% off on Estonian mineral makeup brand Ontic with code laura20!


Thanks for reading! xo's

1 comment: